[rescue] J90 on epay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Feb 28 11:01:31 CST 2003

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 11:54 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> Also, the Sparc 5 machine, requires no special hardware, so if there
>> is
>> anything broken on it, no big deal.
>
> Actually, the only thing "special" about it is the SBus card that
> interfaces it to the Cray.

   Not in the J90.  The J90s SPARC5 connects to the IOS processors via
ethernet.  The only "extra" thing in the SPARC5 is a secondary ethernet
interface, which is an unmodified Sun board.  The IOS SPARC5 processor
(or processors, up to sixteen) netboot their loads (which is *not*
SunOS or Solaris) from the console SPARC5.

            -Dave