webcams (was: Re: [rescue] quad 486)

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Thu Feb 27 01:34:05 CST 2003

Mike Hebel wrote:

> > Right now I want my Logitech USB-quickcam hooked up on a linux server,
> > integrated with my favourite Apache with some nifty(R) webpages. Hrm.
>
> The QuickCam(s) are indeed supported under Linux - although the QuckiCam
> Express looks like...well, it looks bad anyway.  (I have one running but
> not being used at the moment.)
>
> Which exact model do you have?

I can't remember on top of my head right now, since I'm not at home.
It's a cheap crappy model though. Bad lightning and all that, but works
fine otherwise.
It looks like this one (Logitech Quickcam Express):
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=4&CONTENTID=5037&countryid=14&languageid=1

/Bjorn