[rescue] EMC Cassettes and schtuff....

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Feb 27 00:25:25 CST 2003

In addition if they are the Barracuda LC's they work fine since they
have normal block sizes....

Let me guess... they came from HDOutlet?

I have 5 as well... two were DOA... after painstaking trouble and
tracking down the phone number (leaving two messages; e-mails don't
work... and they kind of take their time if it isn't the initial sale)
they sent me factory refurb replacements... (which were in nicer
packaging and sans EMC shell)  Overall the drives work nicely.  I've
got a RAID 5 stripe out of 3 and a RAID 0 stripe with 2... both on
FreeBSD 5.  They're in the Gateway NS-8000 I got from the dumpster in
NYC... I also grabbed an extra HP Netraid 3channel 4943 card which was
a spare in the office... grabbed a broken PERC II for the RAM... and
it's now installed with 32MB of RAM... nice card... so I got another
one on the way for the other PC.

Andrew