[rescue] SGI 100BT Fast Ethernet card by Set Engineering for Indy / Challenge S

Michael Decerbo mike at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 25 18:30:06 CST 2003

Is anyone interested in an SGI Challenge S with a 10/100 BT Ethernet card?

This is not a Phobos card, but the relatively hard-to-find card
designed for SGI by Set Engineering. SGI part number 9210110.

It offers lower CPU usage and faster throughput than the Phobos card,
and works in Indy and Challenge S systems (also maybe Indigo; I'm not
sure). Drivers are included in Irix 6.5 and available for Irix 5.3 /
6.2.

The Challenge S includes an R4600/133 processor and the mezzanine card
with dual wide HVD SCSI ports and a 10BT Ethernet port. It has the
Sony power supply, not the failure-prone Nidec General unit.

I can install a negotiable amount of RAM, and a 2 or 3 gig HD with a
fresh install of Irix 5.3 or 6.5. There is also an additional narrow
SE SCSI port, plus parallel, AUI, and dual serial ports. Card and
server are in good working condition.

Like all Challenge machines, this is a headless server. You can't plug
in a video card, keyboard, or mouse.

I already have a lowball offer of $125 for just the card.  My
preference is for a higher offer for the whole system, but feel free
and make an offer on just the card.