[rescue] Re: I wish I had money!

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 05:46:49 CST 2003

Basing my presumptions off E10K administration.  (I've not had a chance
to play with the eval E15K we've here)

Its a max of 5 different domains, you do not need to run all 5 domains
at once.   You could have one big domain, or 5 smaller domains, or any
combination in between.

You could even divy it up into 2 domains, leave a few SB (system boards)
idle, and use DR (Dynamic Reconfiguration) to add the extra SB's to the
domains that needed them, when they needed them, and remove them when
done.  (This of course presumes that DR works as advertised, and the act
of DR doesn't cause more headaches than its worth.  Not that I'm cynical
or anything)

David