[rescue] DECtalk

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 23 22:07:41 CST 2003

--- "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:
> I don't remember the DECtalk having any 'phone capabilities, but I
> last saw it in 1993, so I could have forgotten.  Certainly, the
> project I worked on didn't use that capability, if it existed.

I think it did - I recall it had DTMF capability for both recognition
and "speaking"... I think the phone connection was the key part of the
unit, as others have learned a machine that talks to you at random
intervals is entertaining, but seldom useful (unless, of course, there
is an astro-physicist on the other end of it! ;^)...

I saw a listing for a concert DVD of Todd Rundren (sp?), and he had a
song called "I hate my freaking ISP" ;^) - I'll have to rent it, if
only to hear that song!

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/