[rescue] quad 486

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Feb 21 18:49:36 CST 2003

On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 06:12 PM, Brian wrote:
> Computer Shopper used to be a friggin phone book size conglomeration of
> ads and all sorts of nifty hardware, the world was different pre bubble
> burst.

   Computer Shopper's transformation had nothing at all to do with the
bursting of the bubble.  They changed from a computer-related rag to a
"buy your taiwanese PC parts here" rag in the early-mid 90s, and just
like everyone else whose gone that route, shrunk into uselessness or
died altogether.

        -Dave