[rescue] eBay's scumbag privacy policy

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 18:20:01 CST 2003

--- "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> A lot of us use eBay.  Here is an article where their head of privacy
> brags about how much data they have on users, and how they are more
> than happy to hand over any and all data about you to the Feds.

Well, you need to remember eBay's place in the world w/r/t the federal
gov't.:

They are a bank, but they are not a bank.

They are a seller, with no responsibility for what they sell.

One small change in either law, and their business model takes a
serious hit...

I think they want to be on the "right" side of the Gov't... ;^)

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/