[rescue] quad 486

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Fri Feb 21 10:28:26 CST 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 10:13:57PM -0500, Kevin wrote:

> All the talk as of late about dual or quad P6 boxes reminds
> me of a question i had.  A buddy of mine swears that some quad
> 486 boxes were produced in the early 90s.  Does anyone know of
> such a beast or if this was even possible?

I've never seen a quad 486.  However, Byte mentioned a 8 proc 486 (and
provided screen shots of NT 3.1 on it, in the early days of NT), and
Data General, amoung others, made machines that used large numbers of
486s.  I think, maybe, they used 32?  Other people would know about
those sorts of machines better than I do.