[rescue] Blade 1000 and Video Cards

Paolo Di Francesco paipai at tin.it
Thu Feb 20 06:04:02 CST 2003

I solved!

sorry to look lazy but I had too many things to fix at the
office so I could not work on the home-hardware (the Blade
1000 in this case ;) )

The card was an Elite3d-m3 on UPA. Again, sorry to shrink your
brains with wrong infos :(

Anyway I am very disappointed about the performaces. I put an
elite3d m6 inside and the same page with mozilla 1.2 or
netscape 4.8 looks like an old Intel 233MMX. It very slow when
scrolling up and down.
I think I will try the creator3d but if the elite3d cards are
slow, the creator should be even slower, but I will try
anyway.

Any way to check if the performace of my system are correct? I
mean a way to have some "numbers" to see if something wrong is
happening inside the system?

> > http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/FrameBuffer.html#fbinfo
>
> Thank you! I will try it.--

Great tool (script). I tried it and it aced it. It said Elite
3d (unknown). But I also opened to give to the card a closer
look ;)

If you need part of my spare time to support it better let me
know. I want to give back the time it saved to me ;)

As always, thank you!

--

Ciao Ciao

   _