[rescue] Sparc20 help?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Feb 19 22:23:10 CST 2003

With the keyboard and monitor connected, power on the computer
while holding the stop and 'N' keys simultainously until you see
video or your fingers go numb :-)

Maybe some setting in the NVRAM has you hosed.

Also, I don't immedialy recall which DIMM slot is the first slot to
populate, but it either the front one or rear one, I can't recall.

As I recall the open boot promp works with the DIMM in either, but
if you try to boot without a DIMM in the first slot, Solaris chokes
and dies (as I recall anyway).

The first CPU slot is the lower one and that is the one to populate
first.

-- Curt