[rescue] Re: Re: Small serial terminal

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Feb 19 13:48:03 CST 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 01:56, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> > Linux is a kernel. Nothing more.
> >
> > I run debian on nearly everything just because I find it the best there
> > is :-)
>
> You run debian what?  There are multiple Debians, remeber.  There is
> Debian GNU/Linux, Debian GNU/NetBSD, and Debian GNU/Hurd.  All seem
> kinda cool.  I want to try Debian GNU/NetBSD, but I'm waiting until I
> either get an Alpha (doesn't look likely soon, but it would be nice to
> get a moderately fast one with a good number of PCI slots to be a file
> server), or they make Debian GNU/NetBSD/sparc.

Debian GNU/Linux. woody mixed with packages from testing an unstable. Which
goes pretty smooth mostly (Long live pinning ;) ).

I don't know if I find the bsd ports a good idea. (afaik they use only the
kernel and use gnu userland?) I think it makes more sense to incorporate good
Gnu features and/or other things commonly found in linux distros into bsd.
Such as a decent package management system. I found openbsd's pretty
primitive, or I missed a ton of docs describing the most nifty features.

--
Frank Van Damme
http://www.openstandaarden.be