[rescue] Octane motherboard

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Feb 18 18:22:14 CST 2003

<snip>

>> Does anybody know where I can get a cheap IP30 motherboard
(030-1467-00x) for an Octane system? I want to upgrade to 1GB DIMMs but my
system doesn't support them (I have a 030-0887-005).

<snip>

>Hehehe, good luck. Your best chance is to find one on eBay that doesn't
>list the part number. But MANY people are looking for them (I have an
>eBay search saved that notifies me if one is listed).
>
>Their is one on eBay that has a BIN of around $700, which is too high
>for me, but if you are buying 1GB sticks, it may not be for you.
>
>I want one so I can use the 270MHz R12k sitting on the shelf. I think
>Kurt is looking for one too.
>
>shawn

Hi Lads

Good news. I found a reseller in Australia that is selling 300MHz R12K
systems with 512MB (2x256MB), 4GB, SSE, granite KB & mouse, and the
030-1467-00x motherboard. The asking price is 820USD per system and
shipping to the USA is approximately 180USD per system. They've indicated
they'll drop the price for a group buy,

Regards,

Gavin