[rescue] Small serial terminal

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Feb 17 22:36:58 CST 2003

Certain Old laptops work nicely for terminals.

I like the IBM Thinkpad 365X/XD series of laptops.  The X came with
a floppy drive stock and the XD came with a CD-ROM drive stock.
It can't boot from CD, so you probably want an X with a floppy drive.

They had P100, P120, P133, and a very rare P150.  All is needed here
is obviously a P100.

They had two screen sizes 10.4 and 11.1 inch both in DSTN and TFT...
Get the TFT, the 10.4" panel would suffice and is very common.

Another thing you can do with a laptop is get a 2.5" IDE flash drive.

Ultra fast booting, no moving parts to demolish, and I don't think
read power is bad.

-- Curt