[rescue] Multi-processor support in OpenBSD 3.2 on Sun4m?

Ido Dubrawsky ido at dubrawsky.org
Mon Feb 17 15:49:08 CST 2003

Okay,

I can't seem to find too much info on this on the OpenBSD site but does OpenBSD
support multiple processors on Sun4m architectures?  I found a reference on
the SPARC page saying that OpenBSD will not boot sometimes on some machines
with multiple processors and that the extra CPUs must be removed.
I just installed OpenBSD 3.2 on a SPARC 10 (dual SM81) ( and ran into problems
during the install which I had to solve), but I can't seem to be able to
determine if the kernel is utilizing both processors.  Do I need to build a
custom kernel which supports multi-processors? Or does the BSD kernel not
support that on this architecture (which I find hard to believe)?

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky               			E-mail:  ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect				idubraws at cisco.com
dubrawsky.org