[rescue] Multia Question

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Mon Feb 17 01:49:56 CST 2003

Dave McGuire wrote:

> > Jesus Christ man, just give it a try.
>
>    NO!  All avenues of investigation must be explored first.  One
> wouldn't want to risk damaging such a highly capable, unbelievably
> expensive, and incredibly rare machine as a Multia.

Speaking of Multia; I'd want one.
Problem seems though that there's apparently a couple of different
models. Some has external SCSI-ports, some has CDROMs internally(?),
some has 3.5" harddisks and some has PCI-slots. And then what, CPUs.
I've got one 233MHz and one 266MHz CPU that could use a good home in one
of these critters? They're from Alphastation 200 and 255s, but are they
pin-compatible in any way?

/Bjorn