[rescue] WordPerfect for Unix (was: SMC blows...)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 13:23:25 CST 2003

--- "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> > Then why not run wordperfect natively - emacs zealots seem to have
> > a perverse interest in emulating damn-near everything inside emacs.
> > ;^)
>
> Thus going back to the original question of whether or not a
> curses-mode version of WordPerfect (like WordPerfect for DOS) exists.
> for Unix. And, beyond that, if it does exist, if there is any
> possibility of obtaining it, since Corel has declared non-PeeCee
> versions of WP dead.

There was a posting about a multi-user shrink-wrap version for
Linux/Unix ($495) that included HP-UX, Linux (x86), Solaris (x86 and
SPARC) in a news release at the corel.com webs site (saw it a few
minutes ago).

http://www.corel.com/news/1998/december/wplinux.htm

It existed. if only in a press release.

=====