[rescue] Multia Question

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Feb 16 13:11:11 CST 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:
>    NO!  All avenues of investigation must be explored first.  One
> wouldn't want to risk damaging such a highly capable, unbelievably
> expensive, and incredibly rare machine as a Multia.

You must be jesting. Rare? Possibly. Capable? Never... Unbelievably
expensive? I paid $140 for my first, not realizing what an utter dog the
implementation was. I paid $40 for the second, simply because it worked
and had a hard drive [and was spare parts ;-)].

9W @ 12V ~= .75MA. I hardly think the power supply would notice it. I
don't know if it tests the power supply for voltage draw on the fan; I
would think not since it does have the thermistor. In any case, I don't
think a 9W fan will make a difference.

It's possible though, since it does have a 90W power supply, and mine has
had some strange crashes thought I last turned it on six months ago...

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"