[rescue] Multia Question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 16 07:14:57 CST 2003

--- vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> Yeah, but I want to replace the fan altogether.  But the fan I want
> to use consumes 9W of power!  I don't know if the fan points on the
> power supply breadboard were designed to provide that much power.
> The fan I want to use is a whole lot louder, but it pushes something
> like 12 times as much air.

Why not tap off the internal drive power connector (assuming internal 3
1/2" model)? If if is the PCI model, taping off the 44 pin connector
can't be too dificult (part can't be unobtanium)...

Wow, I just got my brain around the current demands of the fan - but,
you should be OK if you don't have any internal drives (I guess).

Just a few thoughts...

=====
Lionel

http://shopping.yahoo.com