[rescue] SMC truly blows... even on Ultra 1/170

Phil Schilling phils at gcstech.net
Sat Feb 15 03:39:00 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:57:44 -0500 (EST)
vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> On 14 Feb 2003, Koyote wrote:
>

> > > If you can't do it from a terminal session WTF are you doing it at
> > > all for?
> >

> > Well, while I'm all about my CLI for *me*, I don't really buy into
> > the philosophy that only a command line tool is permitted to a *real
> > admin*.
>
> Just because you can do it from a terminal session doesn't make it a
> command-line tool.  Look at SMITTY under AIX.  I do that from terminal
> sessions all the time.  It's a menu-driven doohickey.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

Also don't consider smitty a GUI tool. 8-)  More a nested collection of
command line scripts that save a lot of typing. ( I like smitty, by the
way)  I have to believe that many of us that admin boxes daily, create
scripts for common tasks.  I know I do, but that does not make them
GUIs.

Phil

--
Phil Schilling