[rescue] SMC truly blows... even on Ultra 1/170

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 21:30:53 CST 2003

--- Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> I am currently installing Debian on my sparcbook :-)

On a similar note, anyone install AuroraLinux on an Ultra?

I just installed it on an Ultra 1-170e with a creator framebuffer, and
there are a few problems:

1) It won't boot after the install ;^)

2) The X configuration tool during install can auto-detect the creator
ffb, but I have to tell it how much ram it has! (I left the default
setting of 1 meg, and got the option of 800x600 @ 16 bit color depth!)

These issues were never a problem with Red Hat SPARC Linux, wonder how
they crept back in to the package... Also, there were only three Sun
monitor choices - very specific 17", 21" and 24" models...

Odd, anyway, anyone work with this distribution yet?

Thanks in advance,

=====
Lionel

http://shopping.yahoo.com