[rescue] Ultra2 troubleshooting

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Thu Feb 13 21:50:28 CST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: rescue-bounces at sunhelp.org [mailto:rescue-bounces at sunhelp.org]On
Behalf Of David Holland

Did you try booting it, w/ a serial connection to port A, (9600/N/8/1)
and the keyboard _NOT_ plugged in?

Sun's are a little backwards, in that they presume if you have a
keyboard plugged in, that you have a frame buffer plugged in, and will
not use serial port A as the console.

David

Yup- keyboard was not plugged in. The VT320 was 9600/8/N/1 and the
framebuffer was out of the machine as well.

I've never seen _nothing_ out of serial A before. Just as a test I plugged
in a Sparc 5 with no memory in it, and it at least popped up a PROM diag
that said "no memory detected".

Steve