[rescue] ST15150{N|WC} firmware?

Marc Gutschner Marc.Gutschner at Triplan.COM
Thu Feb 13 02:00:26 CST 2003

> I need SCA connector 4's or 2's HVD for my Jamaica array.  I have
> SE SCA 4's to trade in equal parts.

I have a box of six 4GB HVD-SCA 1st generation 'cudas in a closet gathering
dust since I can't use them because I don't have a HVD-capable backplane
:-( I don't know the exact condition of the drives but they at least spin up
when power is applied...

I don't know if shipping them would be worth it, since I presume I'me on the
"wrong" side of the Atlantic and had some discouraging results with drives
shipped from the US :-(

Oh, while I'me at it: How probable is it that X-raying damages a disk? I got
a shipment of 26 'cudas from the US that where sold as "tested, working" and
more than half of the drives fail in some ways with "Medium format
corrupted" or (more seriously?) "Track following error" :-(

--
Marc Gutschner
Entwicklung

ITandFactory GmbH