[rescue] GDM17E11 or GDM17E10 (possibly GDM17E20 and other as well) part wanted

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Feb 13 01:17:11 CST 2003

I need to find the lower half of the swivel base for my GDM17E11 SGI monitor.

The base is damaged beyond repair.

Removal of the swivel base assembly (the entire swive base, lower platform
and upper part that attaches to the monitor) is a pain, and I really only
need the lower half.

If someone has a scrappable one of these monitors, I have found a simple
way to remove the bottom half of the base...

1. turn monitor upside down
2. turn the base as far as it will go clockwise or counter clocwise
3. pry out the round platic lock/retainer int the center
4. Two white tabs will be revaled... spread these while pulling the base up

This is a one minute procedure, and works great.... assembly into the
destination monitor requires some monitor dissasembly, but that's my
concern....

So... anyone able to help me with this... I have a Sun vendor I use looking
to see if he or someone he knows has a bad monitor, but he doesn't stand to
make any money from this (he wouldn't bother to charge me) so it won't get
a lot of priority obviously.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me locate this part.

-- Curt