[rescue] Software for booting...Annex

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Thu Feb 13 00:41:29 CST 2003

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Apparently it doesn't have the software on board, but rather boots from a
> UNIX/VMS box somewhere on the network.

The Annex-II did the same, and was big too. Can't say I liked it.

> I tried finding this on Nortel's site, but their Xylogics, Encore, etc. info
> goes back to maybe the Annex 3.  I can't find any download area.
> ftp.xylint.co.uk is long gone.

The Annex-III was quite nice. Much smaller than the Annex-II, and had
onboard flash for booting, atleast the ones I've been in contact with.
They were wonderful little critters that made working with terminals
much easier. Some years ago I was trying very hard to get hold onto one,
but I never got that close to actually get one. Today is a different
story...

/Bjorn