[rescue] SparcArray 1010 question

Sid Odgers sunrescue at dysphoria.eu.org
Wed Feb 12 18:59:54 CST 2003

Hello, :)

I just took posession of a Sparc Array 1010 box (one of the old early 90s efforts that weighs
as much as a fridge,) and was wondering if anyone had any experience troubleshooting the hardware.

Basically, the power supply AC IN light switches on, then about a second later the DC OUT light and the system board's SYSTEM OK light come on for about 300ms or so.  After this the box is silent.

The unit was apparently working fine when it was shipped, but I have removed and reinstalled the drawers for transit purposes.  I'm thinking there might be a dead man's switch or equivalent somewhere which I've missed.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Sid