[rescue] Re: PIX 515 question

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Feb 12 03:59:08 CST 2003

> no, Cisco only licenses to the orig buyer, does not allow transfers, and
> only relicenses at full price basicly.  A piss poor policy on thier part.
>
> Matt

I confirmed this with a Cisco pre-sales rep this afternoon. I swear that he sounded apologetic about the whole PIX licensing situation.

However he also told me the I could "...just use the software that is already installed on the PIX as long as you don't need support or access to the Cisco TAC". This sounds like a good plan as it will cost 7,700NZD (about 4160USD) to relicense the PIX!!

I know I'm not the target market for PIX but the non-transferrable licenses are IMO a pretty piss-poor decision.

Regards,

Gavin