[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Feb 11 16:45:06 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Agreed.  The last Oracle system I installed was version 7 under
> SunOS4, which had a purely textual install...and even *it* took long
> enough to be painfully boring.  I can only imagine what it's like with
> a poorly-written GUI.  I'd probably be suicidal.

On a U1e, it takes about 5 minutes to load, and another 2 or so to
finish drawing the opening dialog (which doesn't use standard widgets,
of course).  A half hour later, I got to the point where it told me that
I needed another 64MB of memory to perform the install, at which point
the CD became shiny glitter on my wall.

PostgreSQL forever!

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "It's not about who's right and who's wrong...
Thorndale, TX      (*   it's about who works for the government and who