[rescue] slow java code...an example of why it might be happening

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Feb 11 14:50:51 CST 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 02:12:44PM -0600, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> > Thank god I got through college before "Object Oriented" became the
> > OMG WTF MUZT HAVE NOW suit buzzword.  When I went through, they were
> > teaching COBOL, Pascal, and C.
> When did you go to college?  I've been hearing about OO since 1990.  And
> the only reason it wasn't a lot sooner was because I'm didn't have
> access to outside information sources that weren't aimed at C64 type
> people from the very early 80s.

I went to school at a small liberal-arts college in Oklahoma;
usao.edu.  A few years after I got out, universities went nuts
about Visual Basic and C++, etc.

(this was in the days when the entire campus ran on a VAX 4000-700A,
with a lab full of Dell 486/20s running Pathworks, doing LAT terminal
 sessions to the VAX...)

Bill

--
bill bradford