[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Feb 11 11:04:51 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> In theory, I find serialization usefull.

Serialization is -way- cool.  Want to save an object?  Spit it to a text
file!  Load it again?  Read the file in!

> And finally to introspective object systems (ie, being able to ask an
> object what its methods are, then call them by name) and messenging, I
> also find those handy, and have spent a lot of time trying to duplicate
> that functionality.

I used it in college for a 3D modeling tool that could load an arbitrary
class file at runtime to add different types of shapes and
transformations to its bag of tricks.

It was as elaborate as one would imagine--though.  Almost all the shapes
were different types of subdivision surfaces.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "It's not about who's right and who's wrong...
Thorndale, TX      (*   it's about who works for the government and who