[rescue] SGI Indigo 2 Video Option board question

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Feb 11 03:30:24 CST 2003

On 2003.02.11 01:29 Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> I've discovered the Indigo 2 10000 with MaxImpact graphics that I
> aquired also has an MGV1 video option board.
My holy BSDaemon. I2 R10k Max Impact + video for for $121?! A "normal"
price for this config is a multiple of this. The video option alone is
worth more than you have paid for the entire machine.

> Also, I'm surprised nobody had any information about my failure to
> boot Irix 6.2 Install CD....
I don't know the answer, but look around at
http://www.futuretech.vuurwerk.nl/sgi.html
There are IRIX install instructions, lots of informative material, ....
And you should try to get IRIX 6.5 and overlays.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen