[rescue] SGI Indigo 2 Video Option board question

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 22:01:50 CST 2003

Ah, yeah, your right.. mis-read it the first time through.

I haven't handy access to my Octane at the moment..

But two things to possibly check...

(Pardon me if I get the terminology wrong, I'm working from memory, and
I've been doing IRIX for all of < 1 week. :-) )

1) the boot prom environment.

Maintenance Mode->Command Mode->printenv

2) the partition table on the HD could be bad.. boot up fx and
take a gander... FWIW, this is the mile long command I used
on a Octane to get into fx.. (From Command mode)

boot -f cdrom(1,6,8)sash64 cdrom(1,6,7)stand/fx.64 --x

Change controller/target/device names as necessary, and appropriate.

(see here: http://obsolete.majix.org/irix/install-fx.shtml )

You might also try booting the copied data manually:

boot -f dksc(0,1,1)unix.IP28

David

Ps: there's a thread here: that sounds suspiciously similar.. Perhaps
some of the people involved are still on rescue and remember teh
resolution:

http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/geeks/2002-March/015161.html