[rescue] MMJ Question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 10 17:29:42 CST 2003

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 06:20 PM, Francisco Javier
Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> I was wondering about MMJ cabling, is it the same as telephone
> cabling? It
> seems that it just has the weird top wedge in what seems to be a
> normal RJ
> whatever telephone plug. Just wondering if I can use normal telephone
> extension cabling (sans the wedge) to connect my VT to a MMJ to
> DB-whatever connector....

   Well, aside from the fact that the connectors are physically
incompatible.. :-)

   MMJ cabling is just ordinary 6-conductor RJ-style cabling with an
offset clip.  Regardless of statements to the contrary by various
uninformed people on various lists, MMJ connectors and the tools
required to crimp them are readily available from a number of sources.

          -Dave