[rescue] Sun memo regarding Java

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Mon Feb 10 17:06:09 CST 2003

Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Java suckage isn't limited to Solaris, I'm sorry to say, but Solaris does
> seem to bring out some of Java's worst qualities.

Which is why I personally write in plain old C.  Of course
I'm not a professional software engineer, which is why
my code is fast, stable and maintainable :)

Unfortunately, our resident professionals do code in
Java so I have to support that in production.  It's
amusing to watch the Brickshelf server handle hundreds
of apache processes, 50 urls per second all day long every
day and never break a sweat while the JSP stuff for work
coughs and wheezes with 10 simultaneous users.

KL