[rescue] Re: Sun Monitor on an SGI

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 11:32:03 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 11:03, JJ Streicher-Bremer wrote:

> I searched the comp.sys.sgi.* newsgroups and came up with a definite "maybe"
> for the answer.  My sun monitor is a newer 21" model with dual inputs (OEMed
> by Sony) model  X7121A (P/N 365-1383-01) which, according to the docs, does
> support sync-on-green.  Also this is a multi-sync monitor, so the
> resolution/refresh rates should work too.

Hey, that's the monitor I was mentioning earlier.  (I rotated the one
here on my desk - Its got enough room to rotate easily)

> Now, there seem to be conflicting stories about the cable I need.  I have read
> both "It will work just fine as-is", "Just break off all the small pins and
> you are good to go", and "Rewire pins x to y inside the monitor".  So, it
> seems that I will not actually harm my monitor by just trying it out first.

I can say w/ certainty the monitor appears to work just fine with my
Octane/MXI.  (I can't think of a good reason why a Indigo2 would be any
different.)

The 13W3 cable is hardwared into the monitor, so I didn't need any extra
cables, Just plugged it in, and off it went.

David