[rescue] Sun Monitor on an SGI

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Feb 10 02:48:07 CST 2003

On 2003.02.10 07:18 JJ Streicher-Bremer wrote:

> Can I plug my Sun monitor into my SGI and have it work?
I can't guarantee, but my Sun / Sony 20e20 worked when pluged into a SGI
I2. SGIs do sync on green and all Sony monitors I came across can handle
it.
Perhaps you should be worried about the monitor ID pins. They are
completely different on Sun and SGI. But I don't think missconnected ID
pins will cause any damage to the monitor or the graphics card. You may
have to select a better refresh rate at the monitor controll panel of
IRIX manually.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen