[rescue] Re: Halstation 375?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Feb 8 19:56:15 CST 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Al Potter wrote:

> Rob:
>
> I have a Halstation 300, with installed OS and an original CD of SparcOS-64
> version 2.4, which bears an amazing resemblance to Solaris 2.4.
>
> I am always looking for offsite backup opportunities.  8-)

Heh. I passed the location info along to another local rescue person who
may be going to get the machine today or next week. I'm sure he'll see
this and hit you up for the stuff if he does. I'm trying to cut back on my
spending, but if he passes on it and you want a spare, let me know and
I'll see if I can help.

The machine was incredibly inexpensive, if I read the tag right. Let's
just say ground shipping will be more expensive than the purchase,
probably. :)

> FWIW, I got this machine from John Bodo, the Bodoman that we have
> discussed at some length here lately, for an unbelieveable price.  I
> think he may have more Halstation specific schtuff....

Ah, cool. I still need to post the Netapp I got from him... I don't think
I'm ever going to get around to using it,, and maybe someone else will be
able to. (F330, 128MB, 4MB NVSIMMs, two quad ethernets, 1 HVD scsi card)

Rob