[rescue] The window mangler war

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Sat Feb 8 00:38:53 CST 2003

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 01:23 AM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:45:10PM -0500, Al Potter wrote:
>> So, I guess I missed it, twice...
>>
>> Do either Blackbox or Fluxbox support BOTH virtual desktops AND
>> multiple
>> desktops?
>
> What's the difference?

As I understand it (and I might be wrong) virtual desktops are desktops
that are larger than the displayed screen, and you can scroll the
screen around within the virtual desktop (say your display is set to
1024x768, but your desktop is 1600x1200, your visible screen would be a
window to the whole desktop) multiple desktops are just having more
than one 'desktop', but the desktops are all the same size as your
displayable screen size.

-Mike