[rescue] today's rescue

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Fri Feb 7 16:42:58 CST 2003

Local computer guy had

Sparc5/70, 32MB, 535MB disk, TGX

SS2 loaded with RAM in all slots, plus a Clearpoint 32MB board in it,
with 424MB drive, GX (IIRC)

SS20 SM51, 160MB, 1GB disk, TurboXGX

Ultra1 (unsure of CPU), 256MB, 2GB disk, TGX

BTW, I think the lucite SCA trays on the 5/70 and SS20 are kind of
neat.

It is interesting, having gone through and cleaned them up all at the
same time, to see how sturdy the SS2 was vs. the Ultra1, which feels
like a Compaq PC (specifically their Deskpro workstations, which I
have had the misfortune to work on).

The SS2 is almost beautiful, when you look at the curved stamped metal
on the bottom of the case, and feel its heft.  You can tell someone
spent a lot of time on its design.

Plus I also got some TRS-80 Model IIIs from the guy, they are already
spoken for.

--Patrick