[rescue] Solaris on a PPC (now VMS)

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Thu Feb 6 21:45:01 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 13:39, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Solaris on a PPC (now VMS)
> Date: 06 Feb 2003 16:22:33 -0500
>
> On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 03:43 AM, Kevin wrote:
> > Understood, i was mostly referring to things such as ACLs, NFS
> > and ssh.  Although for the record, i'd guess ssh isn't in
> > there by default.
>
>    Nope.  TCP/IP isn't even there by default.  They take the approach of
> complete modularity...Many VMS systems are not part of networks, and if
> it's not going to be a part of a network, it doesn't need a network
> protocol stack.

Speaking of this, how the heck do you get TCP/IP installed?  I've got a
7.2.1 box here that I never managed to get TCP/IP installed on (it was
going to be a server, until I realized that I couldn't even get
software, let alone serve things)
	Greg

P.S.  Sorry about munging the reply-to, I haven't found a client that
handles the digests gracefully for replies yet (suggestions?)

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]