[rescue] Solaris on a PPC (now VMS)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Feb 6 15:22:33 CST 2003

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 03:43 AM, Kevin wrote:
> Understood, i was mostly referring to things such as ACLs, NFS
> and ssh.  Although for the record, i'd guess ssh isn't in
> there by default.

   Nope.  TCP/IP isn't even there by default.  They take the approach of
complete modularity...Many VMS systems are not part of networks, and if
it's not going to be a part of a network, it doesn't need a network
protocol stack.

   I don't mean to project an image of minimalism...it's *far* from
minimalist.

        -Dave