[rescue] SGI/PS2 Keyboards/Mice?

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Thu Feb 6 08:59:14 CST 2003

I'm reasonably certain the keyboard is good.  (It was good when I put it
away - I will admit I didn't try it last night, but I can't see a good
reason why it would of just "died" sitting down in the basement)

I didn't see any keys that were stuck down either.

The keyboard is a no-name however.  (Like I said $5.00 special from the
local computer mart. - I needed something for this "Thomas the Train"
childrens game one day)

Perhaps its just a smidge to cheap.   I'll keep that in mind when I'm
looking at keyboards/mice at CompUSA later today.

As for failure codes, where would you see those? All I'm seeing is
'failed' message during the power-on diagnostics.

I don't claim to be a SGI HW(or anything else) expert.   I've not even
got disks plugged into the Octane at this point.

Thanks, for everyone's input..

David