[rescue] Re: TRS-80 Model III - any interest?

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Thu Feb 6 01:03:45 CST 2003

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 03:57 PM, Scott Newell wrote:
> >> When I was a kid, I had the jones for an HP-85 _bad_.  I'd never even
> >> touched one, just thought it looked really spiffy.  Years later, I
> >> _almost_
> >> pulled a '86 out of a DRMO dumpster, but the crt was busted, so it
> >> would
> >
> > ...correction...must have been an HP-87, not an 86.
>
>    Uhh, yeah, the 86 was the CRT-less one, right?

yeah, it is the one connected to my sunvideo card (composite video)

I have the dmanedest time finding docco and peripherals these
days. You'd think you'd find the disk drives, at least. and a basic
manual....

I have an HPIB SBUS card, but don't have any driver packages to make it
do anything. that would probably suffice as a mass storage system,
though.....288GB for the 86....