[rescue] Solaris on a PPC (now VMS)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Feb 5 19:53:16 CST 2003

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 07:39 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:
>> (and a lot of other people) spend most of your time, and it's never
>> mentioned in magazines like BusinessWeek.
>
> <suit>
>
> Therefore it must not be very useful...
>
> </suit>
>
> The few times I have read a BWeek article on an issue that I have
> in-depth knowledge of, the writer got it completely wrong and/or
> missed the point.

   Indeed.  I'm in the process of writing a letter to the editor of
BusinessWeek.  I read an article not too long ago that had me so mad I
was seeing red for most of the rest of the day.  The columnist was
discussing moving things like software development to offshore (can we
say the giant bad-software-sweatshop known as India?)...referring to
software development as (get ready for this):

   "Mind-numbing digital toil"

       -Dave