[rescue] Solaris on a PPC (now VMS)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Feb 5 17:29:23 CST 2003

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 06:24 PM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>>> Not many people are ready to spend big $$$ for OSs that they think
>>> the
>>> owners are eager to kill.  Then there was that whole replace
>>> everything
>>> with unix phase before that, etc.
>>
>>    The owners are eager to kill it, but that doesn't mean they can.  I
>> seem to recall reading some time ago (about when they discontinued the
>> VAX) that they're contractually obligated to maintain VMS until
>> something like 2014.
>
> Never heard that before.  I haven't seen any sign that they aren't
> eager
> to be rid of it.

   Well they're eager to get rid of everything that isn't Microsoft
software on an Intel processor.  Even if it means putting themselves
out of business like everyone else who has taken that road.

>>    Besides...Even Fiorina isn't stupid enough to leave THAT much money
>> sitting on the table.
>
> I wouldn't care to bet on that personally.

   Well I suppose you have a point there...she's an idiot the likes of
which the world has never seen.

   DO YOU HEAR THAT, CARLY?!  YOU ARE A MORON WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO
RUN A TECHNICAL COMPANY.  GET OUT BEFORE YOU DESTROY IT.  YOU DON'T
NEED ANY MORE MONEY.  Bitch.

      -Dave