[rescue] 20th Anniversary Mac

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Feb 4 13:47:50 CST 2003

> > Dave, I'm phasing out FDDI at home in favor of GigE, so when
> > you come by I'll give you a couple of DAS DEFPAs.
>
>    Schweet!

I've got two cards right now.  I've got four systems that I will
connect on GigE.  Everything else is either 10M-only or doesn't
really need the bandwidth.  Later, after the price of GigE
switches come down I'll go ahead and upgrade things that can
be upgraded, since the cards themselves are pretty reasonable
now.

The switch will be the next purchase, since that's going to
be about $300 for a four-port GigE switch.

>    Hey, does GigE do a reasonable MTU yet?  I remember reading about
> something being in the works but it wasn't quite working yet, and that
> was quite some time ago.

Yes, the MTU can be larger.
--
Eric Dittman