[rescue] SCSI Disk Enclosures and disk space for the BSDs

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Feb 3 16:08:26 CST 2003

David L Kindred (Dave) [d.kindred at telesciences.com] wrote:

> On a related (to me anyway) note, how much disk space do you need to
> reasonably experiment with either of the BSDs on a SPARC?

I've got 500MB drives in most of my Sparcs (for OpenBSD).  However, the
box that actually has a compiler on it has a 1GB internal and 2 2GB
externals.  I could probably get by with only one external, so, call it
3GB to answer your question.  2GB would probably be okay.

I did get away with just the 1GB disk just fine, but I had /usr/src
and /home NFS mounted.

Mike
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
 YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak