[rescue] what is value of 750C+ 36" inkjet?

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 3 07:45:14 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com>
To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 1:57 AM
Subject: Re: [rescue] what is value of 750C+ 36" inkjet?

> > It is a novelty at best, and real money is unlikely for such a
> > (delightful) beast...
>
>    ...except for people using them for drafting.  My next door neighbor
> designs golf courses; they have a 750C in their office that they just
> bought used (a refurb) for about $900.
>
>        -Dave

At my work we bought a 650C (I'm not sure of the difference between
it and the 750C) about a year ago for about $1000. Of course, we
bought it from a trusted party, and we knew its history, but these
things still have value. As far as consumables, our 650C uses 4
inkjet cartridges: black, cyan, magenta, and yellow, although if
you don't have to have color it won't complain about leaving out the
color cartridges. We usually buy these cartridges for about $30 each,
and a roll of 36" opaque bond will run about $20.

And we also have a roughly 10-12 year old HP 350C inkjet plotter
sitting in the storage room. I doubt anyone here would be interested
in it, but I believe it's available for the taking.

Just as a side note, nowadays most people that do technical drawings
tend to use 11x17" laser printers for most printing needs. We only use
the plotter for prints to give to the machinists and for customer prints.
In the past, you either sent it to the full-size plotter, or you didn't
plot it. Of course, running a plot is as fast as running a laser print
when you are fortunate enough to have an electrostatic plotter. I think
as far as plotters go, one of these beasts would be a fine rescue, indeed,
but I think they are few and far between. Anyway, in the spirit of rescuing,
if I were to have a plotter at home, that's what I'd have.