[rescue] Re: rescue Digest, Vol 3, Issue 4

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Sat Feb 1 22:45:30 CST 2003

Kinda makes all the more fun out of the "throwing rocks" reference that
Heinlein made in several of his novels.("We'll get there even if we have
to throw rocks off the nose!" - yes, I know I'm mis-quoting.)

Hypothetically what's the air duration in the EVA suits?  I'm probably
re-writing physics but couldn't they wait until they were within range
of the ISS then over-pressurize the cargo area then release it at a
controlled rate through the dorsal door edges while surviving on the
suit air. I know that would leave them with nothing extra at the ISS but
would it be at least possible?

But then if it were possible I'd bet that we humans would find some way
to do it.  We're pretty resourceful - when we're not busy killing each
other.

Mike Hebel