[rescue] Re: [geeks] Crap! Not again...

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sat Feb 1 20:13:27 CST 2003

At 09:06 PM 2/1/2003 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 09:01 PM, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>>> spacecraft and seven people, they could dump the fucking payload and
>>> burn farts in the engines to get there.
>>
>> Would they use an international fart conduit from the space station?
>
>   The problem is the fittings.  There's a total lack of standardization
>in fart fittings between different countries.  The standardization body
>was formed and their charter written, but their funding was cut before
>they could develop standard fart fittings.

Yep.

Does the orbiter even fly with docking equipment when it's not part of the
scheduled mission?  EVA suits?  While I don't think there's any way it
could have made a (timely) transfer orbit to ISS, I do wonder if it would
be possible to send stuff up on a Soyuz.  Now as to how you'd transfer the
cargo once you got it in the neighborhood...

newell